The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for achievement of assigned sales and merchandising objectives in retail stores in a defined geographic territory. This position reports directly to a Regional Market Manager.
The position requires a high degree of initiative, the ability to work effectively in varied retail settings, and the ability to be successful in achieving assigned sales objectives while working independently. Excellent interpersonal communication skills are critical to success in this position. This position may require occasional overnight travel.
• Develop, execute, and achieve localized sales objectives in assigned retail stores based on national programs and objectives.
• Maximize distribution, shelving, and merchandising of Wrigley products in assigned retail stores e.g., Convenience stores, Walmart.
• Manage assigned Convenience store groups and administer trade promotion programs.
• Manage trade contracts, display programs, and expense budgets.
• Participate in new product launches and store resets at customer locations.
• Perform special projects at the direction of the Regional Sales Manager.
• A Bachelor’s degree and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience is required.
• At least one year of selling experience.
• Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills.
• A valid Driver’s License is required.
• Must live or be willing to live within 15 miles of territory city listed in job title.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Prior Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience.
• Prior fact-based selling experience.
• Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus.
The Wrigley Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
http://mars.taleo.net/careersection/wwy2010/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=704871&src=JB-14940Apply for this job